Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Morning Snow

We woke to our first snowy December morning today, and very likely our only one of the year. Sebastian and I had planned a forest hike for today before we woke, so it was extra exciting. By the time we had our wool and rubber boots on it was already slushy. But we're not far from the mountain. You're never far from the ocean or the mountain on the Coast, and sometimes I forget that. There's a head trail by our house and we were in the forest on a steep incline to the mountain in about ten toddler minutes. I have to say, Sebastian was the trouper of the two of us. My feet were cold as usual, but he wanted to "keep going up!" Eventually we veered off and found the park off the country road. There's always snow in the mountains here, and I've long pronounced this year winter of the mountain. So it begins!











No comments:

Post a Comment