Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's been a momentous week or two. We've gone from a baby who throws fits when diapered to a baby who sits happily on his mini toilet seat and pees while simultaneously requesting a story (we got him accustomed to the toilet through books). He is successfully going to the bathroom in the toilet almost every time when he's diaperless. Sometimes he crawls to the bathroom himself when he needs to go. I thought it would take so long, and that it would be difficult for him. I worried for a while it was traumatic for him and was really wary of continuing because I know a transition like toilet training can make such an impact on and be emotionally taxing for children. But after less than a week of struggle he's adapted really well. I still diaper him occasionally throughout the day, when we leave the house and while he sleeps, and I probably always will until he's toilet trained.
Meanwhile, the little guy will be one year old in three days. I'm sure there will be plenty of photos to post a la grandparent's cameras (ours is still broken). We also seem to be stockpiling little videos as he walks more and more so I'll try not to let the blog become devoid of images.

No comments:

Post a Comment