Sunday, September 8, 2013

Vacation

So, way back in June we went on our first real family vacation. I wanted to post some pictures because it was really fun. We'd been on trips together before, Ottawa, Montreal, Victoria but this one felt different somehow. I think it was because it was just us, and we were going new places together. We rented a car and went camping for a week. At the end of the drive, we ended up in the Okanagan where my cousin married her bride and we all had a lavish time in a winery resort. Not bad at all!

We kind of fell in love with Pemberton


Narin Falls in Pemberton. 
My parents lived here in a tent in the eighties and biked to their jobs in Whistler 



Lilloette with its desert mountains, wild sage brush, and glacier greens. 

Whoot. 


Littlest hobo

Family Portrait at Spence's Bridge train tracks

Sock Monkey and Sebastian had some long heated conversations on the cabin-fever drive to the Okanagan


Probably the best photo I've ever taken


Sebastian and Alex made this weird sculpture on the shore of Lake Okanagan

I'm thoroughly terrified on this horse. It had been many years since I rode. I seem to always choose the fat grey horses who stubbornly eat the whole time. In the end, it was worth the fear


Spirit Ridge Resort. Look at all those grapes! The place was absolutely crawling with my family and old family friends. A strange but awesome way to end a camping trip

The brides! My baby cousin on the left. 

Crazy Eyes cops a feel

No comments:

Post a Comment