Thursday, September 27, 2012



We're heading to Ottawa and Montreal in a few days, which is mighty exciting. We haven't been back since we left for good. It feels like it's been a long time. more than a year and a half. I've written a lot about Montreal, especially Saint Henri. throughout the last year. I didn't write much at all in Montreal which was really hard, so I'm glad to make something of it in retrospect. Somedays when I really think about Montreal, the mundane details like going grocery shopping, taking the metro and walking along the canal, I'm overwhelmed with nostalgia. Sometimes the time out East seems like a strange dream that I'm not necessarily eager to return to but that captivates me nonetheless. So I'm excited to go back and walk around the city for a couple of days, and to be able to show the old sights to a cognizant Sebastian Henri. We're also definitely looking forward to relaxing in Ottawa, taking advantage of eager grandparents for some time together, spending some time in a city, watching Sebastian connect with his part of the family he doesn't often see. I think he's getting excited too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment